If you are bothered by the issue of work permit for the foreign employees, you may need to take look at the new short- term work permit regulations released by China government. China has introduced a 90-day short-term Residence Permit for Work for foreigners with specific occupations. Fewer documents are required and it only takes around 15 days to acquire a China Work Permit Notification, and 30 days to get a Residence Permit.
Foreigners aged 16-60, who come to China for short-term work assignments, adhere to the following requirements, and stay in China for no more than 90 days:
1. Visiting the domestic partners to complete certain technological, scientific research, management, guidance work, etc.;
2. Visiting the domestics sports institutions for trial training (including coaches, athletes);
3. Shooting videos (including commercials, documentaries);
4. Fashion shows (including car models, models for advertisements, etc.)
Photocopy of Business License;
The sample of company chops;
Photocopy of ID card of the legal representative;
Photocopy of the applicant's information page, and latest visa page on the passport;
Health certificate of the latest 6 months;
Registration Form of Temporary Residence;
35*49 mm coloured photos (without hat) and return receipt;
* In comparison with the documents for a long-term Residence Permit for Work (over 90 days) application, these documents are NOT required for short-term Residence Permits for Work :
Highest academic degree;
Directory of employees;
90 days short-term work visas do not require the applicant to apply for a China Work Permit. Here is a comparison of the procedure:
For a short-term Residence Permit for Work application (less than 90 days), it takes around 30 days to finish the whole procedure.
For a long-term Residence Permit for Work application (over 90 days), it takes around 52 days to finish the whole procedure.